Reply To: Private outburst to coworker spreads around the office.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Private outburst to coworker spreads around the office. Reply To: Private outburst to coworker spreads around the office.

meshapeterson88
Participant

Something similar happened to me while I was in nursing school virtually all of the friends and relationships that I have developed within the past two years have completely vanished because of my miscommunications I am very outspoken and enthusiastic and like you said I’m emotional as well so I tend to over exaggerate everything and they just couldn’t put up with me anymore because they too thought I was also lying all the time even though I would really just get details mixed up so I feel for you but I think you should do is to directly talk to The man that you were supposedly venting about and you need to tell him exactly what’s going on in your life and how much stress you were put under and apologize for possibly speaking about him in the manner that has been spread around and I would just apologize for even bringing him up in a conversation that may be viewed negatively and that you would have never done this if you wer I think that I could have possibly saved my friendships if I would have communicated to them earlier what exactly went wrong and how I miscommunicated because by the time I tried it months had already passed and it was extremely awkward to even bring up the situation e sober. Sorry if you can’t read this post posting from the auto vocal text on my phone