Reply To: Why does hydrocodone help my adhd but adderall doesn’t?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Why does hydrocodone help my adhd but adderall doesn’t? Reply To: Why does hydrocodone help my adhd but adderall doesn’t?

rebell90
Participant

Maybe try clonidine or something? I can’t do Strategies bc it has no dopamine thus will not help my constant need to do vigorous exercise 24-7, and gives me serotonin syndrome. Adderral XR plus Adderal instant around 3-5 pm helps me. But here is another question:
The pain meds (opiates) release endorphins, the transmitter that blocks pain naturally via the body. I mentioned exercise above, that’s my biggest coping skill. Long distance runner, and do lots of intervals and hill repeats and tabata for cross training. Reason I ask, is that the more vigorous the cardio is, the bigger the rush of endorphins. At a long long duration at a hard-ish pace, brain scans have shown it to produce as many endorphins as herion (that’s of its 20 plus miles, but less distance like 5-6 will be more like a lortab). Also been proven to help focus too.

Do you currently exercise? How much? Lots of cardio options if u don’t like running, or have bad joints (swim, elliptical, etc). I have to have variety and intensity and duration. Duration to get enough time in to get the endorphins and dopamine, and vigourous and variety so I am not bored and I stay “in the moment” vs counting down the minutes