Reply To: Son is being excluded from field trip

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Son is being excluded from field trip Reply To: Son is being excluded from field trip

marole428
Participant

I’m a mom of an ADHD kid and I have been asked twice now to go on field trips with my son and the second time he was going to be excluded from it if I didn’t go. I gave the school and ear full and I went as I did’t want that for him and would not miss out on an opportunity to be with him. However on the flip side he told me that kids had asked him after the first one “Why was your mom here?”, I was the only parent that went. On the second one there was more interaction and he would not do anything with anyone else, just me. My son’s issues are mild in compassion to what he was like when we first diagnosis him and is main trouble is only related to doing his school work otherwise he is very well behaved and a joy to be around. I don’t know the best answer to this, but I know what you are going through and feel it is very unfair to both you and your son. We are meeting later today to discuss option for next year.