Reply To: Why does hydrocodone help my adhd but adderall doesn’t?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Why does hydrocodone help my adhd but adderall doesn’t? Reply To: Why does hydrocodone help my adhd but adderall doesn’t?

Redtigger0104
Participant

I can absolutely relate to you!!! I was on vyvance and it made me nuts. Like I needed anything else to do that… I have serious injuries and nerve damage and was on pain medication and can say when I used it correctly it does exactly what u say. My problem was my conditions are beyond surgical help and after years of pain meds no matter how perfect or low a dose u take eventually your body will build up tolerances. Then I had dr who had me on pain meds anxiety meds vyvance … a crazy combo and infortunanly addiction happens at even the carefulest dose so then u feel like garbage. Pain meds EVEN by themselves at a low dose are eventually gonna make you feel worse. I got off ALL them. You might try kratom. Despite some of the neg press it’s legal it’s natural and from experience I can tell u it has so many benefits. I have taken for a while and still same dose I never feel sick or any kind of withdrawals like I once did with percocet and lortab and vyvance. And they work off the same receptors in your brain. There are different strands that have slightly different effects so you have to see which one works best for you. But as someone who has taken them all and researched … I would recommend highly esp if hydrocodone worked for you. If CbD or pot is legal where u r I’d try that too. Honestly pot works so well for my ADHD I’m not your typical lazy .. it motivates and focus me … like usual our brains are opposite most right? It’s not legal yet here so I stick with kratom and also when I stick to a gluten free almost sugar free diet I feel better too. Hope it helps!!
Just research and study to find right dose and strand carefully