Reply To: If you're not your ADHD, who are you and how are you similar to neurotypicals?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame If you're not your ADHD, who are you and how are you similar to neurotypicals? Reply To: If you're not your ADHD, who are you and how are you similar to neurotypicals?

Loonkin
Participant

atracurium, thank you so much for sharing. I don’t know what it’s like to be diagnosed for the first time later in life, but I have heard of so many stories of how a later diagnosis is often life-changing and incredibly helpful. I hope that the changes it brings you is solace enough.

Katy_G, yes. That’s the conclusion that I’m coming to. However I am a bit confused about why both my therapist and my psychiatrist independently brought up the idea that I was over-identifying with my ADHD. I might have to ask them what they mean.
I am trying to wrap my head around what my ADHD is and how it expresses and explains some, if not most of my behavior. So I bring it up a lot, especially in those contexts.