Reply To: Share some venting re. ADD mishaps!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Share some venting re. ADD mishaps! Reply To: Share some venting re. ADD mishaps!

UDADD
Participant

I can relate to so many of these stories. Some of the silly things that I have done:

– I was travelling through Europe (Interrailing) and had just stayed a couple nights in a hostel in Budapest; We had planned to go to Croatia next and I got on the train and everything seemed to be fine, until we get to the Hungarian/Croatian border and the passport checks are taking place. I look in my day bag and cannot find my passport; the police talk to me and ask to see my passport, but I cannot find it. I get off train and look through all my luggage, pulling out all my clothes, but to no avail. I am in the middle of some Hungarian town, in the middle of the night, with no battery on my phone and apparently no one speaks any English and I have no idea where I am. Luckily my friend had battery on his phone and we used GPS to get to the nearest hotel. I had to pay for both of us to stay in the hotel (My friend was not amused). I ring up the previous hostel and I had left my passport on the floor of the hostel. The next day we travel back to Budapest to retrieve my passport.
– On the same trip I had my bag stolen from Rome Termini Station, which contained my passport, a go-pro and other important items (The go-pro wasn’t even mine). I had to spend a few more days in Rome at the embassy sorting out a replacement passport.

There are plenty of other stories, but only have time for these two at the moment. I could keep writing about them forever, but I actually have to send a letter to my doctor to get referred for an adult adhd assessment, which has already taken me about a month to write haha.