Reply To: HS son still refusing school-when do I say enough is enough?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning HS son still refusing school-when do I say enough is enough? Reply To: HS son still refusing school-when do I say enough is enough?

dmu1970
Participant

I want all of you who have responded to know how much I appreciate you taking time out of your day to help. I know how busy we all are – and being a fellow ADHDer myself I know how easy it is to say “oh I’ll just answer this quickly” and suddenly an hour has gone by!!!

I have actually thought about copying several of the responses here and email them to his school. So they can see that there are other people out there saying the same exact things I am constantly trying to tell them. I feel so alone and misunderstood when I talk with them. That’s why talking to everyone here is so necessary for my own mental health 🙂

And Here is the Latest email from his guidance counselor and social worker:

We are here to focus with him on the next 17 days of school.

He can articulate his concerns to us when he returns to the building. If he feels like he is not going to do the Chemistry project, it is understood that he will receive Regents credit for the course- still a really positive accomplishment after such a challenging year.

The requirements for PE are a state education requirement. If he does not complete the requirements, that is fine and we will re-develop a plan for next year after this year is complete.

Our doors are always open for him to initiate conversation.

So I have my own thoughts on this email but wondered what you guys thought before I respond. I doubt myself sometimes because of how close I am to the situation.