Reply To: HS son still refusing school-when do I say enough is enough?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning HS son still refusing school-when do I say enough is enough? Reply To: HS son still refusing school-when do I say enough is enough?

donsense
Participant

One of the reasons for me thinking I would be able to Study in the armed forcies was the sense of accomplishment i gained while working. The right workplace can be a great place to gain self esteem.
I might have missed it But is there anything else that interests him. Is he a weather geek, does he follow specific blogs, twitterverse or FB or snapchat sectionas. Do any of his friends participate in aNything he likes. I was a member of a large youth group that were always doing something., Assisting with food banks, reading to those who were visually challenged. Some were candy stripers and hospital volunteers. Others who could drive and had access to a vehilcle were taking seniors to medical appointments. Amazingly these were all self esteem building activities. They also exposed us to career and educational activities we might have never imagined. Is he into cars or trucks?
Some were into music and quickly learned their rudimentary education in this field needed major time investment. Others used their online prowess to assist those who are not so gifted. Boys and girls club of america have some great after school programs as well, as do other community dropin centers. At the very least these things look great on a resumé or CV.
I think others are right, we do very well at things we are interested in and maybe some of that feel good can help produce results elsewhere or attempts at things a little more challenging/ less interesting.
Don.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by donsense.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by donsense. Reason: Typo
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by donsense. Reason: Typo
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Penny Williams.