Reply To: HS son still refusing school-when do I say enough is enough?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning HS son still refusing school-when do I say enough is enough? Reply To: HS son still refusing school-when do I say enough is enough?

SkinOfMyTeeth
Participant

He could never do the military unfortunately. The physical part of it would kill him. He has scoliosis, chronic joint pain, asthma and connective tissue disease which causes the pain as well as severe skin sensitivity (he went on a field trip in 8th grade to Washington DC- he came home with 2nd degree burns from the sun).

Why is a child with those problems required to take gym class?

I realize that every school is different with different requirements to be excused from gym. However, if I had those problems I think I’d hate gym class as well.

He told me today he feels like no one ever really listens to him and I thought to myself yeah that’s how I feel about his school not listening to me!! Ugghhh !!

Maybe you need to tell the school that yourself? They have remote learning but don’t want him to take it? They demand they hold his electronics (as if that would stop him from using yours?). I know school boards and the legal system require us parents to follow the law. We are not however without voice.