Reply To: The hours I squander…

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults The hours I squander… Reply To: The hours I squander…

Ifeelcraycray2
Participant

I saw the forum title and immediately thought, every day!! I retired 2 years ago and for the life of me, I cannot find a rhythm to accomplish the things I need to. I have 2 rooms of ‘stuff that needs to be organized, trashed and put away. Everyday I wake up with a plan….every night, nothing’s done, I feel like a loser. My daughter rolls her eyes when I say I’m going to do this or that. My wholefamily thinks I am hoarding,but I just can’t get past a certain point. If they help me, they want to trash everything. If I throw anything of theirs away, they get upset. If It’s mine. It’s trash. When I was at work, I was organized by color. I had memos in date order. I had a system. My mind was organized as well. Explain a text double…I have no sense of time elapsed…if I start to spend 30 mins doing something, I get going and then realize that It’s 2hrs. later and I’m exhausted, I forgot to eat, or feed my disabled husband dinner. One day I missed picking up my Grandson from prep because I was accomplishing something and lost track of time. As I said I feel crazy..did I mention I’m discovering this at age 68?