Reply To: Grand parents think their ADHD son and Adhd daughte in law is Lazy while their

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Grand parents think their ADHD son and Adhd daughte in law is Lazy while their Reply To: Grand parents think their ADHD son and Adhd daughte in law is Lazy while their

donsense
Participant

Thanks Adhd momma They believe in ADHD and had a son my grandson on and off meds. Because he has survived and graduated hS and community college with advanced network training ( like me he has an iq over 150)He enlisted in the armed forces direct from BestBuy 10 years ago. My dtr and husband now believe that their great parenting skills are behind my grandsons success. They have forgotten the chaos they went through. Now grandson has married a very bright multi languages girl who is also on meds, he is on Vyvanse previously Ritalin and their chaos is all grandaughter in laws fault.according to my daughter and her hubby.
Thank goodness they are stationed 1300 miles away but they continuously talk to him about her poor parenting skills. Being ADHD myself my tongue runneth and i have just come through a year of excommunication with her.
My daughter loves to read so i will continue to refer articles to her.
So far i have sent her Rick Greens transcribed interview with Russel Barkley from 2013. And forum topic by gennymede “How to help a kid with ADHD when my own ADHD gets in the way” any other suggestions?