Reply To: Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please. Reply To: Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please.

pce42
Participant

Hi Hayes,

Thanks for your note. It’s been an exhausting 24 hours. With him living with me still and looking for a place online. He has been texting/messaging me, and now his cousin, has been sending me messages about how he thinks the two of us are meant to be and how happy John is with me, etc. he said it seems like we have a great thing going and that we should be able to resolve this.

I can honestly say that my head is so messed up right now. Conflicted, confused, being 100% an empath, I’m so exhausted. I cried all night and am barely functioning at work. Fortunately, my job is not super demanding and I don’t have to deal with a lot of people face-to-face today, so my puffy eyes are going unnoticed.

He told me his therapist said he’s had 7 life changing events in the last 6 months which involve a few moves, a few jobs, and now a break up and another move. I really wish I could make this work because he’s so loyal and I know we could be comfortable together, BUT, I can’t seem to shake my depression/anxiety and curiosity that there has to be something more. I keep getting upset at myself that I SHOULD be happy with him and WHY can’t I give myself 100% to him. It’s hard but I think I’m just seriously drained. This is not an easy breakup. I’ve never been in this kind of situation before. Sucks being an empath for sure!