Reply To: My brother and father are being insensitive towards my condition.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships My brother and father are being insensitive towards my condition. Reply To: My brother and father are being insensitive towards my condition.

Casper
Participant

Hey there, I’m a 29 year old with ADHD and don’t have my driving license yet. Sounds like your family need to do some research. You are going to have a lot more battles with a lot more people over similar things like this so brace yourself. People will get pissed off with you because of a poor understanding of the condition, not because they are bad people. It’s not your responsibility to educate anyone about your disability, but printing off some information for your family for them to read in their own time might be a start. Just a word of warning though, just because you have ADHD does not mean you are not capable of making excuses. Bringing out the ADHD card when it is not relevant will further entrench ignorant people. So be honest with yourself when you have problems, and don’t fall into the trap of using your ADHD as an excuse for everything. Good luck 🙂