Reply To: How to help my son focus and complete work in school

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Organizing Your Child How to help my son focus and complete work in school Reply To: How to help my son focus and complete work in school

JWK
Participant

Misbehavior at school is punished at school – preferably not during recess times, but never punish at home for his misbehavior at school…home is his refuge from school.
by all means talk to him about it – 3 sentences is not too much to ask, he has to realize that he is required to comply and that daydreaming is not an acceptable excuse for not writing 3 sentences. You sound like you definitely have some good insight into his behavior yourself. These kids are brutally honest which can be very painful sometimes. In my daughters classroom the children can choose from 4 different types of seats, wobbly, regular, balls, standing…and seating, group, single, etc to optimise their functionality. the teachers need to be trusting that the kids will in most cases make a responsible decision. Also fidget cubes, and other toys have a limited time span of benefit, but might help. A given subject is sometimes OK but maybe the teacher needs to give them a choice of his topic or theirs, so long as its 3 sentences? Teacher needs educating.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by JWK.