Reply To: I cant cope with my daughter of tourettes which has ADHD too

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents I cant cope with my daughter of tourettes which has ADHD too Reply To: I cant cope with my daughter of tourettes which has ADHD too

jamieschut56
Participant

I am so sorry for all that you’re going through right now. My heart really hurts for you. This may sound bad, but right now you need to take care of yourself first. I understand the helplessness you’re feeling and not wanting to be in the world. I also understand that when the depression lifts, you will see things a little differently, even though the situation may be the same. Please, if you have a physician make an appointment, if not, please find one that can provide you support for the depression. I don’t know if you are a single mother, but it sounds like you are or at least don’t get much support. If you can find a way to get additional support – a friend, SO, family member you can just take a break from it for a while. I know if you are a single mother, that can be difficult – and sometimes people just don’t want to help with our challenging children. I agree with ADHDMOMMA that your daughter needs another opinion as well. There is a lot going on with her. Please take care of yourself – your daughter does need you. XOXO