Reply To: Evening Horrible ADHD problems

Whatif
Participant

Hello, I used to call myself, The Poster Child for Anti-depressants… I quit taking any years ago because of the adverse and nasty side effects. However, over the year I would still experience depressive episodes and anxiety issues. I got worse up to and including most recently, extreme depression and raging. I finally saw a naturopath 2 years ago and determined:

A few things to consider if you haven’t already (I had both):

Possible Head Trauma – a good resource is the following book:

Concurring Concussion – Healing TBI Symptoms with Neurofeedback and Without Drugs

This is a wonderful (and easy to comprehend) book that describes “Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). The information provided on injuries in history, from Henry VIII to Elvis Presley, I found very, very interesting!

Synopsis: “…This lively, well-researched, and hopeful book is an excellent primer for anyone dealing with TBI and its aftermath, from victims to caretakers. It is clearly written and illustrated for the average reader, but contains information that may be new to many healthcare professionals puzzled by odd and unresponsive symptoms and the realization that time alone does not heal the brain. Conquering Concussion by Mary Lee Esty, Ph.D., and C. M. Shifflett presents history, new research, treatments, and 20 years of clinical case histories. These are real stories about real people struggling with post-concussion symptoms: terrible fatigue, headache and body pain, emotional swings, mental fog, insomnia, weight gain and balance problems. It shows how TBI symptoms overlap with other diagnoses such as ADHD and depression, and reveals the link with PTSD head trauma…”

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

For Information purposes:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/transcranial-magnetic-stimulation/about/pac-20384625
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcranial_magnetic_stimulation

I utilized Neuroasis here in Tucson for my TMS treatments. They provide a free 90-minute consolation with their onsite psychiatrist.

Home

OR…. You may have a (and I have this):

Methyl-B Gene Mutation (MTHFR)
My go to resource online is Dr. Ben Lynch at MTHR.net
In layman’s terms, those of us with a MTHFR gene mutation have a highly reduced ability to convert folic acid or even folate into a usable form. Research estimates that as much as half of the population may have an MTHFR gene mutation. I don’t “methylate” (or I can easily over methylate) with B vitamins. I have to be very careful to avoid foods with synthetic folate or folic acid in my diet. (I found that if I eat anything with 20% or more folic acid [per serving] this is when I will experience rages and can go into days of depression). Several symptoms resulting from the mutation mirror other medical and mental issues such as ADD, ADHD, OCD, anxiety, depression, autism, etc. A great resource I found online is Dr. Ben Lynch who states: “…I believe the MTHFR gene mutation is a highly significant public health problem that is completely ignored. Yet, millions are suffering from pulmonary embolisms, addictions, fibromyalgia, miscarriages, schizophrenia, severe depression, cancer and autism to name a few…:

You have some reading to do….but sooooo worth it. I am doing so much better now and no drugs. Working thru past bad habits I developed over the years due to my undiagnosed issues by going thru intensive outpatient counseling as well.

Best of luck to you.