Reply To: Am I ADHD, or am a just a bit different?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Am I ADHD, or am a just a bit different? Reply To: Am I ADHD, or am a just a bit different?

corlabu
Participant

I sign up just to address your post. I worked in advertising in a large city and can relate to your issues. It took me moving to a small town with no advertising or fast moving jobs to get diagnosed with bipolar depression II. I’m not saying that you have it, just sharing so you can look into different options. It was in this small town that my fast moving behavior (doing different things, obsessively focusing on the hobby of the moment) was recognized as not the norm. There were other issues (depression, relationship issues, reckless financial decisions). For me, getting a diagnosis allowed me to focus on managing my condition. I’m on this website because bipolar issues can be similar to ADHD issues. I’m not excusing my behavior, but treating it like any medical condition, where I have to manage it, like managing diabetes. It wouldn’t excuse my low sugar level, it would just explain it.

Good luck to you.