Reply To: Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please. Reply To: Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please.

pce42
Participant

I managed to post this before finishing and I couldn’t figure out how to delete, ha!

Congratulations on celebrating 25 years, wow! I think he shuts down from the shame of it too, and it sounds like its something he’s been used to his entire life. I was in a dreary mood over the weekend, and it wore off on him and he was easily ticked off by anything and everything that could go wrong. Our emotions tend to spill over on one another.
I think therapeutic treatment would be great, I just really want him to get some help. It’ll help him as a person. The family struggles we are dealing with are uncomfortable and strange. The mom acts like I don’t exist and the brother and his future sister in law go out of their way to be rude. There are some serious issues there. I’m not sure I want to marry into something like that. I already can’t stand being around them with how they’ve been.

I absolutely agree with taking care of myself. I’ve been trying to do that more. It’s not always easy because my mood has been so shifty lately, but I also was just diagnozed anemic, so that could be why I’m so tired on top of everything else, ha!

Thanks again and have a lovely week!