Reply To: Diagnosis

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Diagnosis Reply To: Diagnosis

A-Hörnchen
Participant

Gnarf.
Actually, the whole idea of “diagnosis per meds” is, I’m sorry to have to say it so clearly, just BS squarred! Problem no1 is the simplest and most OBVIOUS ONE! What about the non responders?! Oh, people, go See real, serious doctors, not just the ones who’ll give you the diagnosis and THE MEDS!! you WANT!

Btw: Attention is supposed to be tested the way described and a REAL ADHD’ER would NOT NEED additional distraction BC the excercises you mention are of such nature AS is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for “our kind;)” to solve due to the problems involving executive functions, i.e. in this case referring to working memory (mental math excercises! Im possible with a weak working memory!!

I sincerely recommend you read and listen to as much of material written /given by Prof. R. A. Barkley and leave Mr. “Amen” (seriously?) alone for the time being. He has yet to bring ANY scientific proof for his absurd hypothesis whatsoever! According to one of his “Tests”, I would have to suffer from TWO of the seven types he makes room for that are in fact diametrically opposed from one an other. All those many, many types are there only so that even more people who otherwise would have NEVER gotten the diagnosis, are somewhat magically made into “the NEW real ADHD’ERS”!!

OH MAN, just thinking about this makes me sick…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by A-Hörnchen.