Reply To: Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please. Reply To: Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please.

eightydee
Participant

Oh man. If I had a dollar for failed relationships, think I’d have 5 dollars? I don’t know, I’m a relationship boy. I’m 28 and deffenitly had my fair share of struggling relationships. They say they’ll try and learn about ADD and what not but nope. Lots of heartbreak and for one, THANK YOU for actually asking for help. That’s the first step in dating a Awesome Dude Disorder, understanding what he does, is something that he cannot really control. I also took a vacation to the rehab deal. Over did it on my meds and when I couldn’t sleep, well another combo of substances came into play. In my head, everything was sunny and warm but in reality, horrible and thought my girlfriend at the time loved the man I thought I was. I wasn’t Claritin clear.

Some relationships just don’t work. Everything happens for a reason. I Oded, attempted suicide, went to college 3-4 times, racked up credit card debt, Don’t speak with my father, no current job as well as living with my mom. But ya know what! After all that, I believe that one girl will just stumble into my life. Or I’ll just be that old guy that plows driveways in the winter with his cat for baked goods. I’m happy and constantly exploring new views of life. Pushing my boundaries and just accept my fate.

I like seeing someone actively trying to figure out what is going on in that brain. I wish nothing but the best for you! (Adele – eightydee)