Reply To: Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please. Reply To: Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please.

pce42
Participant

I did give him an ultimatum in February and told him if he did not get treatment I could not be with him. That however was 2 months ago. So yet, here we are without treatment, ha! I think I’m so easy going and have been so patient that he just doesn’t care to make this a priority right now. Yet, I understand with him starting a new job, his insurance may be different.

I have started checking in with him weekly. Like the other day I asked to chat with him and figure out how things were going. We ended up mostly talking about his ADD and the need for him to get help. I do things on my own. I volunteer locally, I visit with friends, and I get out of the house, all positive things! He does those things too, so we do have our own separate lives. We do however seem to be distant and he told me he can tell I’m pulling away. He’s right though, I have been. I know he’s scared of losing me but he also has made comments like if I think I can’t handle this anymore, to let him know and he’d understand. Basically, putting the ball in my court. That makes it all that much more frustrating.

I’ll keep you posted on what changes, if any, occur. Thanks for chatting! 🙂