Reply To: Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please. Reply To: Dating a Man with ADHD — my anxiety has spiked, seeking advice please.

pce42
Participant

You’re correct. He has already mentioned to me that he hates the thought of being medicated, but said he wanted to at least see someone to see what options are available to him. It is unfortunate that when he tried visiting the walk-in clinic on Weds there was some miscommunication about the appropriate walk-in hours. So, at least he tried. He’s also been picking up some slack at home and he does tell me when he’ll run to the store and pick us up things. He has helped tremendously in the cooking/cleaning area when I’ve been feeling anxious and depressed about things. I know a lot of this is because I’m so consumed worrying about the relationship, which may sound silly. I’ve been working out more to get myself out of this funk mind. So there are positives there, he sees I’m struggling, and he tries to help.

Making an effort to get help is important to me though because I worry about things I didn’t think I’d worry about? Like reminding him to turn off the stove, etc. I’d rather not have those constant nags in the back of my head. Some things I actually don’t trust him with. Although he has all the best intentions in the world, his ADD mind can just slip and he can totally space something out, not secure a door, etc. I just wish he would have taken this seriously when I mentioned it all several times for the last several months. It seems like the longer he waits, the more we are struggling.

Thanks for your thoughts!