Reply To: Constant change in interests

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Constant change in interests Reply To: Constant change in interests

Morgaen01
Participant

I did calligraphy many years ago. Gave all my pens and stuff away. I just want to make my bullet journal look pretty lol

I shoot canon so cant help with the specifics of the Nikon but I can tell you Tamron is hit and miss sometimes. The 24-70mm F2.8 had great reviews but when I tested it on my camera it was as not even close to sharp.

For shooting action you really want a very fast lens with zoom flexibility (f2.8 throughout the whole zoom range) It’s not really a lens you would use for still life. A normal 18-55mm F5.6, (or a nifty fifty 50mm f1.8) with a tripod, would work for that. If you are going to shoot action you will want to use a tripod as well to stabilize the camera when you zoom in otherwise you are going to get motion blur.

So, tripod, no matter what lens you choose.
The 50mm F1.8 for still life, (it’s quite cheap.
and I would suggest the 70-200 f2.8 for your action photography. I dont do action photography myself but if I did that would probably be the lens I’d go for.

Whichever lens you decide to buy, test it on your camera before you pay for it.