Reply To: Constant change in interests

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Constant change in interests Reply To: Constant change in interests

AnneHW
Participant

I almost need to stop following this; it’s so interesting and very active! I think you make a lot of good points. I’m attracted to color and light. I took lots of photos of cloud formations one year when they were particularly beautiful.

I liked to draw all the time when I was a kid, and I tried a lot of different media. I never felt good enough, but I’ve come across a few things in some old notebooks that were surprisingly good, considering I had no training.

I completely gave up any kind of art for about 10-20 years (I’d have to think about that for an exact number). My husband I live in a small community with a surprising number of artists in the area. One day I was talking to a photographer (has a business in town) about wanting to take painting lessons, and she got me in touch with a wonderful artist who lived nearby.

I was able to take some private lessons, and it was really the push I needed. That was 10 years ago, and I still take lessons on and off, but mostly I’m happy learning on my own. I think starting out with markers sounds like fun. I started with colored pencils when I got one of the large boxes from a local place going out of business. Using decent paper is important (and probably the same for markers), but it’s two things: pencils and paper (and a good sharpener!).

I hope you enjoy the markers, and just have some fun. All kinds of great videos on YouTube (as you probably know).