Reply To: Anyone Else Diagnosed After Graduating College & Not Know What To Do Now?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Anyone Else Diagnosed After Graduating College & Not Know What To Do Now? Reply To: Anyone Else Diagnosed After Graduating College & Not Know What To Do Now?

Penny Williams
Keymaster

The other responses are spot on! Write your own story instead of trying to fit into the version you feel others have for you (including society). The more at-ease and happy you are in your job, the better you’ll perform at it.

Finding Joy on the Job

It sounds like your anxiety is interfering with your job search and your personal happiness. (I see the signs, because I have anxiety myself. Feeling like you only meet minimum requirements for everything so you must not be qualified or able to do that job well, for instance.) Your anxiety may be strong enough that it needs to be treated as well. It can be a wall between you and any self-confidence.

Penny
ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Trainer on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism