Reply To: Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined) Reply To: Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined)

Stefieh
Participant

Good Morning everyone,
I have anxiety and depression my whole life. I just turned 36 and I am a mom of 4. I have a full time job as a credentialed family peer advocate and youth transition coordinator. I also decided to finish up some schooling that seems to have been taking forever. 4 classes on top of everything. My youngest is 8 mths and she is cutting teeth and doesn’t sleep with GERD, my 6 year old has ADHD and sensory processing so life is hectic all the time. I have a 9 yr old and a 19 yr old and they have there own lifestyles as well. I thought for the longest time that it was just my anxiety playing a role with my control issues or how I respond to too much stimulation. I get kind of nutty and get so overwhelmed but if my life isn’t that way my mind raises all the time. I have to have things done a certain way or I will meltdown. I’ve been told to just get over it but I really have and I can’t just get over things. I have to say things right away because I think I’m going to forget to tell the other person so I will politely apologize for cutting them off ahead of time. I will start one project and find myself doing 6 more not on purpose and then fall apart if I can’t get them all done at once. Squirrel!!! Is how I am all day. I’m either shy or very loud. I read about how ADHD can have the same symptoms as anxiety and it makes sense now, but always thought it was the anxiety taking over. When I was little, stuff like this was not around and people just thought you were odd. I know there are others like myself so no you are not alone:-)