Reply To: Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined) Reply To: Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined)

liasamturn
Participant

I’m heeeeeeeere!

I was only diagnosed during my 20s as I got through school well…. I do think girls are mostly inattentive and are often overseen because of hyper boys – I’m a teacher and the neglect of adhd girls because boys seem to be more outwardly troublesome and adhd has historically been a ‘male problem’ is horrifying.

It was so overlooked that I didn’t even realise myself that I had a hyperactivity problem until I started work. It was quite catastrophic, actually, because it seemed to explode all of a sudden and get me into a myriad of bad situations. Even though I’m now properly medicated and don’t go off the wall anymore, I have to be constantly doing at least 3 things at once (like watching tv, researching 100 random things and planning lessons simultaneously). I’m still mostly inattentive/paying attention to the wrong things,but I seem to have found a group of women on here that have the same combined symptoms. I do think that female adhd tends to be more nuanced.

Good luck 🙂