Reply To: Fights between multiple ADHD siblings

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Behavior & Discipline Fights between multiple ADHD siblings Reply To: Fights between multiple ADHD siblings

BelovedLeah
Participant

Thank you for your understanding replies! It means so much that others “get it.” Yes, Jess, it disrupts the whole house so much! Besides the stressful environment it creates, it also regularly gets in the way of us accomplishing things in any kind of timely manner because we get derailed by so many fights.

You know, Lenette, the comment about the holding hands… that jogs my memory. A couple times I’ve put the kids together in their dad’s shirt or had them put one arm around each other’s waist, so that each child only had one hand free. And they had to work together on a job using one hand from each child. It worked beautifully. Oh, at first, there was even more fighting and worse attitudes that drove me to desperation to think of the solution in the first place. But after a bit, they figured out that they’d have to work together and they did. We even ended up with some laughter. Ok, I need to use this more often. Thanks for jogging my memory!

And to both of you… I’m thinking of you both now as I go through my days with the kids. Hugs to you both!