Reply To: Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined) Reply To: Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined)

mayo
Participant

I can so identify with the ‘child in adult body’. And yes.. the tone as well. I get told all the time that I’m not emotionally mature and that I sound ‘confrontational’ and even ‘aggressive’ while I’m not at all intending to be. You’re right! There definitely are positives to this as I’m usually a very enthusiastic and energetic person. But I’m always ‘full on’, which seems to frustrate people more and more over time. For example at work. When there are are issues that honestly do upset or frustrate me, but as we’re in a professional environment I am trying to solve it diplomatically. However, that doesn’t succeed as the frustration always shines through and gives me away. How many times I’ve heard I’m ‘unprofessional’ because I simply can’t hide my emotions and keep the stiff upper lip that the British offices expect from me.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by mayo.