Reply To: Managing High Stress/Organized Kid Activities with ADHD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Teens and Young Adults with ADHD Managing High Stress/Organized Kid Activities with ADHD Reply To: Managing High Stress/Organized Kid Activities with ADHD

jdsbruce
Participant

I totally understand. My daughter is 7, has adhd, is getting tested for dyslexia and does after school cheer. I have adhd and MS. I am crazy disorganized and so is she. We live with my 77 year old father who has macular degeneration, but refuses to admit he needs help. Dealing with my daughter is hard enough, but through in my dad and our pets-I can’t win. My dad’s house is in a very affluent area (accidentally-they bought house in 1977. For whatever reason, in the late 80’s his side of town started getting developed.) where I don’t fit at all. The cheer mom’s are very judgmental and I can’t stand them. We’re staying here because I’m totally broke since exhusband walked out 3 years ago and the elementary has excellent teachers. I’m constantly forgetting things. My older sister won’t help at all. My daughter yells at me about anything she decides I’ve done wrong. I’ve had plenty of days where she’s emotionally beaten me to the ground. I’m sick and tired of keeping a calm tone talking to her. She never raises her voice to her father. I understand why, i just don’t care about the reason anymore.