Reply To: Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined) Reply To: Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined)

whisperingwings
Participant

I also have the ADHD combined type. I think in images, cannot focus, feels too much and daydream a lot. At the same time, I’m also very impatient, interrupts people, blurt out answers, cannot be still and talks a lot if it’s something I’m interested in. I also feel alone because there are few articles on this and when you go out, it seems like most women in society have self control (the way they carry themselves, move around, talk, walk) but I’m all over the place, scattered. Sometimes I feel like a child in an adult body. Society have more expectation to not be a hyperactive woman since they cannot accept hyperactive girls in the first place. You are right, this is you and medications cannot mold us permanently into what society wants. On the bright side, I’m sure you are a really fun person to be around with an active imagination and not boring at all.