Reply To: Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined) Reply To: Any hyper girls out here? (Women with ADHD-combined)

Note
Participant

My six year old girl is. She started Kindergarten this school year and I took her out a month and a half later to homeschool her, which I was expecting I’d have to do anyway. She can generally sit still for certain activities, like playing with Legos, but she’s mostly a mover and it made school very hard for her. I was constantly getting notes that she wasn’t doing her work. She has trouble doing work at home too but she’s slowly getting better about it, even though she generally tries to get out of doing it at all which is tiring for me.

Thank you for letting me know there are other women out there living with ADHD. It’s so noticeable how different she is compared to other girls her age. But she enjoys her life and being excited and moving around so I hate to have to try to conform her. I’m hoping time will eventually calm her down as it did my brother who has severe ADHD.