Reply To: Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy? Reply To: Living with ADHD & Depression-will I ever feel happy?

SLorenz
Participant

I’m 43. You’re not alone. I can only share what has helped me. I am very project oriented, so I like to feel like I’ve accomplished something everyday, even if it’s just errands or cleaning the house. I agree with the “checking things off a to-do list” comment. Amino Energy (Amazon) is so helpful for me and many of my friends. Aminos effect my brain quite a bit. I also need to drink a lot of water and consume a lot of protein and fats like fish oil/olive oil. I take a heavy duty probiotic (your gutt is your second brain and tells your brain how to function). I feel best limiting processed food, gluten, dairy, but doesn’t always happen. I also have to MOVE my body! HIIT training and hot Bikram yoga are best for me in detoxing and producing serotonin as well as it rebalanced my hormones. If you can, run some labs: food intolerances, MTHFR mutation (body doesn’t absorb Bs), Iron, thyroid, adrenal. Magnesium and L Glutamine are a huge help for many people too. Don’t be overwhelmed. Start one new thing at a time. The Broken Brain videos are a wealth of info and comfort! https://brokenbrain.com/01-epidemic/