Reply To: I think my child has ADHD, but his Dr and teachers think otherwise.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child I think my child has ADHD, but his Dr and teachers think otherwise. Reply To: I think my child has ADHD, but his Dr and teachers think otherwise.

lara.snider
Participant

I want you to know that your son only has rights to reasonable accommodations if he has a disability. PLEASE pusrue a diagnosis, even if he does not need educatuional assistance at this point, he may need it in high school or college. A quiet room, ear plugs, support for behavior that is his communication to you, the ony way he knows how, that something is wrong. Mom and Dad know their kid really well- you both are concerned, get support. I totally agree with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and family therapy, as long as it is catering to his attention span, or he has something to fidget with. I have a smooth stone I use when I need to focus, if you google fidget toys you will see all kinds of things. Look into diet and how much actual outdoor, real exercise he gets too. We got three recesses and gym once a week, now kids eat their lunches and go back to class. Food can really trigger my ADD, especially Red Dye 40. I don’t know why that one is the one, but it is in all my favorite Kool-aid and Hawaiian punch drinks and I am much better off without it. There are MANY factors for treatment- and dont give up-= you guyus are amazing for continuing to press on. My best wishes!