Reply To: Don't know where to start

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Teens & Young Adults Don't know where to start Reply To: Don't know where to start

Penny Williams

No. Getting accommodations and using them in school will actually help to get the same or similar accommodations in college and on tests like the SAT. It absolutely should not bar a student from taking AP courses either, if the student can handle the work. To say that kids with IEPs and 504s can’t take AP classes is blatant discrimination, and should be reported to the US Department of Ed’s discrimination office if it happens.

I am so sick and tired of schools doing everything they can to deny kids the accommodations and help they need and deserve (not to mention have a right to by law!)!

What Is a Section 504 Plan? An IEP? Your ADHD Accommodations Guide

ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism