Reply To: Vyvanse- 10 year old son started taking this

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Behavior & Discipline Vyvanse- 10 year old son started taking this Reply To: Vyvanse- 10 year old son started taking this

bec2802
Participant

Many thanks for that. Had your son tried both medications independently of each other? My son was on Vyvanse 30mg with good results in the classroom for nearly 1.5 years but because of weight his paediatrician decided to try Strattera, 10mg eventually ending up with 35mg, it doesn’t seem to help in the classroom. He has been on Srattera since April last year. She didn’t want to increase the dose as she said the recommended dose was 1.5mg per kilo and he is only small weighing 25.3kg as an 11 year old. He is having difficulty at school with boys in the playground as well as at home, he told his teacher yesterday that he hates his stepdad and doesn’t like it at home, his dad and I have 50/50 custody of the children and we have them a week at a time. We are very strict here, I believe in boundaries, structure and a regular bedtime, his dad has a very different household. His teacher said that children have a way of manipulating a situation to get what they want. I don’t know what to do.