Reply To: New to dating a guy with ADHD – Need advice

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones New to dating a guy with ADHD – Need advice Reply To: New to dating a guy with ADHD – Need advice

Patrick
Participant

Can I just say that reading this has helped me. I have ADHD and have recently gotten into my first relationship in 4 years. Hearing about the behaviors of people with ADHD and how they effect their partners terrifies me. Like so much of this site and what I read about ADHD I work constantly at not being that kind of person. Reading this has helped me become a better partner. I strive very hard to a good boyfriend, I try to take complete responsibility for my actions, and ask for regular feedback from my girlfriend. I am also sober an attend 12 step meetings. My girlfriend is supportive of that (we met after I had become sober). I know that my life and my relationships are tremendously better when I put my sobriety and management of MY ADHD before anything else in my life. Getting sober and managing my ADHD are not the best things I do but they are the most important.