Reply To: Medication for Inattentive ADD Treatment

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Medication for Inattentive ADD Treatment Reply To: Medication for Inattentive ADD Treatment

brandikball
Participant

Thank you so much for the advice! I was wondering if adding a lower dosage of a stimulant would help or maybe a different type of stimulant. I am also not a morning person. I don’t really “wake up” until 9am, and it still takes a couple of hours for my brain to start humming along, which is a challenge since I start work at 7-8am!

My insurance unfortunately “covers” (are they really covering it if it’s $120/month?!?!) only the generic versions of medications so that may also be a factor.

My doctor supposedly specializes in ADHD…but he mainly just prescribes meds on my suggestions. I live in a state where it’s extremely hard to find a doctor who will prescribe stimulants for adults. Sigh. So I go to him for the meds, and a therapist (who is the one who actually initially diagnosed and referred me) for talk therapy to work through my late-diagnosis hangover. So I will make this suggestion and see what he says. Fingers crossed!

Thank you so much for the advice!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by brandikball.