Reply To: Has an ADHD diagnosis ever prevented you from obtaining a goal?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Has an ADHD diagnosis ever prevented you from obtaining a goal? Reply To: Has an ADHD diagnosis ever prevented you from obtaining a goal?

Ntjhu
Participant

Yes, it has made me second guess myself, worry that what I’m doing isn’t as good as what others are. I’ve noticed that once I was diagnosed I felt like I had a disability! I never felt that way before, even though I’ve been the same way my whole life. I was treated with antidepressants, so being depressed was a better option? A doctor offered to do an extra test he knew would come back negative to prove I was not ADHD, It came back positive! He said, the first one for him. I was so upset, so was my husband. I think that’s why I quit trying. The same doctor began to support me more than ever, I found this forum, I put my meds in order. Information is power for fuel, I am now in a good place. I cannot fix the past, but I will not waste my future looking back. Today I WANT good things for myself, my ADHD is not a disability it’s my super power, my brain is different, creative, musical, I never fight the paths my brain choose to take me down. I love the ADHD Natalie. ❤️