Reply To: Breaking the Cycle of Failure

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Breaking the Cycle of Failure Reply To: Breaking the Cycle of Failure

thorowgoodj
Participant

Hi Rory,
Thank you for your reply (copied below so you know which one it is). How is best to connect?
Jeremy

February 9, 2018 at 3:35 am #76061

thorowgoodj

Participant
If is good that you have flagged this problem. My experience is that if you are in the right occupation and supported to do what you are best at, it is possible to keep going. When work becomes or includes a burden, things fall apart.
My solution is to find a practical approach. Ideally that would be one or more of: getting someone else to cover off the tedious work, getting a coach (paid or a volunteer, finding more absorbing work. It maybe you have reached the point in your career when a total review is needed, or at least to examin what aspects of your work you are emotionally attached to. If you combine what you love, what your good at and what pays, you might find you are on track to solving the problem.
If you would like to explore the above I would be happy to talk you through some ideas.
Looking through all the replies, you have certainly found an issue that affects many people, and I hope you find the right guidance.

February 9, 2018 at 8:42 am #76075

rpeustace

Participant
Thank you!! Yes I would love to have a conversation! My heart is full at all the responses of similar stories and support. This whole diagnosis has led me to be true to myself and learning to acknowledge my strengths and weaknesses. Can’t wait to get going with it!