Reply To: Treating side effects with OTHER meds? Help!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child Treating side effects with OTHER meds? Help! Reply To: Treating side effects with OTHER meds? Help!

scolli3412
Participant

My dad (who has since retired) was a pharma rep and actually sold the branded drug BuSpar. I asked him and he said doctors like it because of its safety profile – it’s non habit forming, however it can take a month to really see a difference. Supposedly it is used as add on for depression and other anxiety disorders.

I asked our physician yesterday about Quill, and ironically, he confirmed what you said…there’s some type of hold on producing it due to pfizer selling it to another company (generic company probably since it’s an old molecule in a new form). Check with a specialty pharmacy. Sometimes they can get access to things other pharmacists don’t because they’re more focused.

I read Q was a great form of methylphenidate and worked particularly well for kids with inattentive sub-type and those possibly on spectrum…which my son may be.