Reply To: What are meds supposed to feel like? Also, pms?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD What are meds supposed to feel like? Also, pms? Reply To: What are meds supposed to feel like? Also, pms?

andrewk
Participant

I am a recently diagnosed 40-year-old male. I too have Ritalin and have been taking it for three months now. I started looking into my learning behaviour as I decided to change career and head to University, I found it really hard to maintain focus and knew something was wrong, I have inattentive ADHD, Ritalin helps keep me focused. I noticed when I first started taking Ritalin I got a great deal of euphoria which made me feel much better about life and I was able to sit for long periods of time and focus on tasks. That wore off after 8 weeks, I also found that after a miserable nights sleep Ritalin really doesn’t do much for me, the more rested I am, the less I need. My sleep quality improved and headaches stopped initially but have gone back to normal now. From the medical advice I was given, there is no problem with me stopping Ritalin, I was told I could take it as I needed it (up to 70mg per day). If you are a poor sleeper it might be worth looking into that, then trying Ritalin after a good nights sleep. I am listening to a webinar at the moment on this site about ADHD and sleeping better.