Home › Welcome to the ADDitude Forums › For Adults › What are your favorite traits that ADHD has given you? › Reply To: What are your favorite traits that ADHD has given you?
– In my 22 years of being alive the one thing that I hear the most is that I have an ability to make people instantly feel better when they are sad,upset,angry. People have told me that just me being myself and being in the same room as them make their mood so much better.
– I’m very quick with words which in turn makes me be able to be witty and spew comebacks like nobodies business. I’m funny without even trying because I’m always unapologetically myself.
– Somehow along the way I developed a fear/I’m paranoid about being disorganized in any aspect of my life which I consider a blessing because I developed a habit to be aware that I have to consciously try 10X harder than someone without ADHD to be organized and it has made my life a lot easier.
– I have a crazy amount of energy and always have. I can stay awake for 2 days (not healthy I know) without any energy supplements or stimulants etc. I just keep going and going and going. But the downside to that is when I finally fall asleep I could sleep through anything and I could sleep for 12+ hours.
– I have a overwhelmingly big heart which makes it hard for me to say no to people (in moderation of course) which sometimes gets me in trouble but mostly it makes me able to emotionally connect with people I want to on a really high level and it also allows me to be extremely passionate which is never a bad thing.
– Everyone always makes me play music off my phone on car rides because I am very picky about my playlists being labeled and sorted exactly how I want them to be. I also have a VAST music library which has a lot of good aspects because I’m never listening to the same thing over and over again. Everyone tells me I should be a DJ but I would get bored of that really easily lol
– My handwriting is phenomenal because in fourth grade I locked myself in my room for a whole weekend and practiced perfecting each letter over and over and over again until they were perfect and it’s stuck with me forever. Downside is that everyone always asks me to write posters and birthday cards and announcements for them so that it looks good.
-I’m a genius with technology and it’s not just because I was born into the “generation of technology” . I don’t know why but I’ve always been able to trouble shoot problems and figure them out quickly without much background knowledge. All of my friends that are the same age as me come to me with phone questions and laptop questions and I just love not knowing exactly how to fix something starting out and then somehow figuring it out by myself in a timely manner. It’s rewarding.
—- I honestly could go on and on and on about all the things that ADHD has blessed me with that I love but there’s just a few of my favorite ones.
—- It always baffles me when I hear people say that they hate having ADHD, like sure it can be frustrating sometimes when for 3 days in a row every morning you spend 20 minutes looking for a shoe that you just had only to find it right in front of you. Dealing with that shit sucks but at the end of the day I would never in a million years trade my crazy wonderful brain in for a normal brain because my ADHD has made me who I am and I love it.