Reply To: Treating side effects with OTHER meds? Help!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child Treating side effects with OTHER meds? Help! Reply To: Treating side effects with OTHER meds? Help!

donsense
Participant

Hi there I cant answer for your son but for me concerta xr /amitryptlene combination did not work even with an SNRI that i was taking that brings out all those great and humorous spontaneous and otherwise happy personality traits that I had lost for 55 years. So I live with Venlafaxine and leave the apggressive assertive in a not nice way meds in the vial. My life enjoyment is profoundly improved and by the laughter so is that of those around me. Wonderful how it has dealt with the RSD and LFT and rage. Would not trade it. Memory that is working memory improvement has been outstanding (I memorize 100 pieces of music each year with very little needed in home rehearsal. The longest was Mozarts Requiem. The shortest a couple of pages. Singing gives me that added dose of Dopamine 4 or 5 times a week. Singing in Choral groups (bass) that is.
Timeliness has not improved much but energy sure has.