Reply To: Overwhelmed and Exhausted Single Mom of 5 yr old with ADHD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Overwhelmed and Exhausted Single Mom of 5 yr old with ADHD Reply To: Overwhelmed and Exhausted Single Mom of 5 yr old with ADHD

magnetic1
Participant

Hi, i would recommend some suggestions that is, For aggressive kids, time out such as placing them in a corner does not help when they are violent.. as they will come back to us quickly..

Hence, depending on whether he is able to understand your emotions.. You can turn your face sad & angry whenever he does small annoying things (this can be seen as a disciplinary measure / punishment )

whenever he turns aggressive, hold his hands & legs and put him away from you in a safe place .. i do this by locking him up in a safe room for say few seconds / 1 minute only. But keep yourself calm and let not his aggression get into you.. Do this once / twice continuously and see the result.. you may have to do it some 4-5 times and see what type of result does it yield. At other times, explain why you did that and what he needs to do instead of showing aggression.

I noticed that lacking in vital nutrients does affect them. Hence, morning start with hot cup of milk with vitamin enriched chocolate powder like junior horlicks.. lack of sugar or too much sugar both are bad for them.