Reply To: Living with ADHD and Dyslexia

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Living with ADHD and Dyslexia Reply To: Living with ADHD and Dyslexia

whisperingwings
Participant

Hi GlobalThinker, here is a link to one of those articles:

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/495640_2

Thank you for the positive feedback on my business idea. I’m also worry about another thing. I have severe Dylsexia especially when I speak and I don’t know how I will deal with that if I run any business. Currently, most people make me feel stupid or they don’t want to be around me because I cannot pronounce certain words, my speaking is slow, my reply is slow and my grammar is bad. I’m just slow when it comes to language skills. I really want to say to them “I have Dyslexia! Please don’t judge me!” but that’s not possible. ADHD and Dyslexia causes problems daily. The Dyslexia embarrass me. I cannot find words quickly or they just don’t come up at all so I have the habit of saying “You know what I mean…” “You know, that thing…” Sometimes, it will come across as rude but I never meant to be rude. The ADHD makes me appear immature because I’m always fidgeting and I cannot focus, everything in the environment will quickly grab my attention so my eyes are not at one place. I’m 32 and I want to stop moving. I came from mixed heritages. My father is Japanese and mom is English, Burmese and Chinese. The Asian culture is so strict that woman should have more self control.

Thank you for reaading!