Reply To: How can an ADHD woman find a new husband after domestic abuse?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships How can an ADHD woman find a new husband after domestic abuse? Reply To: How can an ADHD woman find a new husband after domestic abuse?

WINVET
Participant

I am 54 years old and have ADHD. I’ve been over wired all of my life, married my first husband who turned out to be a very controlling abusive man. My ex’s issues stemmed from childhood abuse and sexual molestation that he seemed to never be able to get over. I left him 28 years ago and never looked back. He made fun of my hyper activity and belittled each time he got. I am who I am, like it or leave, I am me. I’ve been happily married to my current husband for 23 years and he too has ADHD. What is great about this relationship is that we bring balance to chaos, balance to disorganization, and balance to life. Where he is strong I am weak and where I am strong he is weak. We have this ability to bounce off of each other’s energy and continue to move forward. Our logic is completely different and we don’t see a lot of things eye to eye but we together we are one hell of a force. Together we’re unstoppable.
Your match will come and you feel complete. Not all men beat and abuse others. And yes as women we do find our Prince.