Reply To: What unfocused feels like?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults What unfocused feels like? Reply To: What unfocused feels like?

canadianlam
Participant

Since finding this site several months ago, I continue to be amazed by the number of stories that describe my own. For years I thought I was going insane.

I was fortunate to be put on a waiting list for a psychiatric evaluation that slotted me in to an appointment someone else decided not to attend. I’ve been living with a diagnosis of major depressive disorder for decades and have suspected the existence of ADD for some time. There were mixed emotions when the psychiatrist confirmed it to be so several months ago at my second lengthy appointment.

The anxiety associated with my constant stop-and-go, on-and-off behaviour has diminished somewhat with the knowledge that I’m not going out of my mind, but because I take antidepressants, I’m reluctant to add ADD medication to the mix.

Anyone out there have experience with this combination of meds? Does ADD medication really help with focus and linear thought?