Reply To: Difficult because no background

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Difficult because no background Reply To: Difficult because no background

Margaret Juricek
Participant

I have a similar situation. I’ve been in psychiatric care for almost 40 years. I’ve always had trouble in school, troubles concentrating, and just a lack of accurate observation skills. I knew I was born with something, but my parents were never open about it, or they just didn’t want to bring it to my attention. In the job I retired from because of these issues partly, the subject came up in discussion and was dismissed by the person I was discussing it with. My family doesn’t want to discuss it and both of my parents are gone. I’ve been receiving information about ADD and ADHD in my emails and realize that’s what the problem is. It’s never been actually diagnosed. But reading about it, I’m convinced that’s what I’ve been dealing with. I’ve gone through all kinds of emotions since I had this realization, but as of right now, I realize, the situation is what it is and makes no sense to dwell on what could have been. I need to discuss this with my professionals with the intention of just moving forward.