Reply To: What are your favorite traits that ADHD has given you?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults What are your favorite traits that ADHD has given you? Reply To: What are your favorite traits that ADHD has given you?

cherryblossom
Participant

ADHD causes a lot of issues in my life, but I am happy to have it in the end. I’m a highly intelligent individual and I believe a lot of it comes from having ADHD, which has given me these traits:

1. Hyperfocus – when something really interests me, I can master it very quickly. Language is one of those things.
2. Intense curiosity, which leads to a wealth of knowledge – I want to know the answers to everything, so I find the answers to anything and everything I don’t know about. Yesterday I researched crab anatomy. I know a ridiculous amount about skin and aging, I’ve watched so many surgery videos I am confident I could perform some of them. I’ve taken out my own stitches multiple times, including 40 sutures in the back of my mouth. Got named Rambo for that one hahah. I know how to do a lot of things and I know way more about a spectrum of topics than anyone else I know.
3. Strong empathy – I am a huge empath. Most times this just causes me a lot of pain, especially when it comes to the treatment of animals, but it also makes me kind and considerate.
4. Perfectionism – I strive for perfection in everything I do, and it’s made me a very successful business woman at the age of 22. I’m always put together and well dressed, and everything I create is high quality because I make everything the absolute best I can, down to the smallest of details 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by cherryblossom.